The pressure on pupils to perform well in the National Eligibility Common Entrance Test (NEET-UG) is at an all-time high. That is logical given that NEET is India’s single largest medical admission exam for undergraduate programs. However, in order to master chemistry for NEET-UG 2023, it is also critical to remain calm and work in a methodical manner. NexGen Doctors Academy, the best NEET coaching classes in Bangalore is here to not only guide you but also provide the finest classes in the state of Karnataka.
In this essay, we will go through how to study chemistry for NEET 2023 in order to achieve 140+ points with a month to go. Along with that, aspirants will have an exact understanding of how to study chemistry for NEET 2023, including chapter-wise weightage, vital themes and sections, and the best books to score higher in chemistry. Join NexGen for all the up-to-date material to crack your exam.
NEET 2023 will be held for admission to 91,927 MBBS seats, 26,949 BDS seats, 52,720 AYUSH seats, 525 BVSc seats, and AH seats given by separate medical institutions in India. Continue reading the in-depth article on how to study chemistry for NEET 2023.
How to Study for NEET 2023 Chemistry- An Introduction by the Best Coaching Classes in Bangalore
The NEET Chemistry syllabus is composed of three sections: physical chemistry, organic chemistry, and inorganic chemistry. The chemistry question paper for NEET 2023 consists of 45 questions (180 marks). Chemistry is the top-scoring subject among physics and biology, hence if correctly prepared, candidates may get an excellent rank on the NEET test. NEET chemistry contains 29 chapters in total.
Weightage of NEET Chemistry Chapters
NEET 2023 candidates can use the list below created by the Best NEET Coaching classes in Bangalore, NexGen Doctors Academy, to look out for the names of the chapters and their weights. Please keep in mind that, while certain chapters may have less weightage than others, it is best to cover each chapter if you have ample time. Each point earned on how to study and learn chemistry for NEET 2023 is significant.
Chemistry Chapter-Wise Weightage
- Basic concepts of chemistry –2%
- Structure of Ato –3%
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties -3%
- Chemical Bonding and molecular structure –5%
- States of Matter: Gases and liquid –2%
- Solid stat –2%
- Thermodynamics –9%
- Equilibriu –6%
- Redox Reactions –1%
- Solutions –5%
- Electrochemistry –4%
- Chemical kinetic –3%
- Surface Chemistry –1%
- General Principles and processes of Isolation Element –1%
- Hydrogen –3%
- Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals) –1%
- Some p-Block elements –1%
- d and f Block Element -4%
- Coordination compounds -4%
- Organic Chemistry – some Basic principles and techniques –2%
- Hydrocarbons –3%
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes –1%
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers –8%
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids –3%
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitroge –1%
- Biomolecules –3%
- Polymers –3%
- Chemistry in Everyday Life –4%
- Environmental Chemistry –1%
Important Chemistry Topics to Learn for NEET 2023
The titles of the important chemistry subjects questioned in NEET, as well as the chapter names, are listed here. The best NEET coaching classes in Bangalore encourage you to prioritize these topics first.
- Chapter – Some basic principles of Organic chemistry
- Mole Concept And Molar Masses Stoichiometry, Stoichiometric Calculations
- Chapter– Atomic structure
- Bohr model for the hydrogen atom, Quantum mechanical model of the atom
- Chapter– Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Valence Bond theory Hybridization, The valence shell electron pair repulsion theory
- Chapter– Solutions
- Ideal and non-ideal solutions, Colligative properties
- Chapter Equilibrium
- Ionization of acids and bases, Solubility Equilibria of sparingly soluble salts
- Chapter– Coordination compounds
- Bonding in coordination compounds, Stability of coordination compounds In Organic Chemistry
- Chapter– Some basic principles and techniques
- Isomerism and fundamental concepts in the organic reaction mechanism
- Chapter Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Properties of alcohols and properties of phenols
NEET Chemistry 2023 Study Guide Book
It is essential to select the appropriate study material in order to have a better comprehension of the topic. Some of the greatest chemistry books for applicants to study with are listed below in a table. Studying any of them will be beneficial. Moreover, we at NexGen Doctors Academy, primarily focus on not only the most important books that bring the most questions from previous years but also the new arrivals so as to complete the syllabus overall, and be intact with every book as well as concept.
NEET Chemistry Best Books
|NAME OF THE BOOK||AUTHOR|
|Physical Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|Oxford’s Organic Chemistry||Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves,|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J D Lee|
|MTG’s Objective NCERT at your fingertips||MTG Editorial Board|
|Modern’s ABC of Chemistry of Classes 11 and 12 (volumes 1 and 2)||S.P. Jauhar|
NEET Coaching Classes in Bangalore – Tips for Studying Chemistry for the NEET 2023
With limited time on their hands, applicants should consider some short preparation strategies to avoid losing attention.
- Make quick notes for last-minute revisions.
- Begin intensive revision as soon as you finish the NEET 2023 syllabus.
- As many example papers as you can.
- Examine the previous year’s question papers.
Important Things to Avoid When Studying for the NEET 2023 Chemistry Exam
So far, we’ve discussed items that candidates should bear in mind while they prepare. However, with so many distractions in our environment, it is equally critical to discuss the things to avoid when studying chemistry for NEET 2023.
- Avoid learning NEET Chemistry from many sources- Too much study material will simply confuse an applicant; hence, only one coaching material and the books indicated above will be enough for preparation.
- Don’t restrict the theory section: Aspirants for NEET Chemistry 2023 must practice as many questions as they can in order to maintain a steady hand in their studies.
- Don’t fall back on past years’ questions- Previous years’ question papers will offer you a good indication of what to expect in the NEET 2023 chemistry exam paper.
The quest for the best NEET Coaching classes in Bangalore is over. NexGen Doctors Academy is preparing students from various fields of study for various competitive tests. Nexgen assists students in Bangalore and all over Karnataka by offering online tutoring for examinations such as NEET and other competitive exams. With the caliber of education supplied by the institute’s faculties, an individual’s investment is efficiently employed. We offer the best offline classes to crack education in many academic subjects. The faculty are friendly and cooperative in providing aid for their general growth. The Institute is concerned with the needs and requirements of each individual in order to achieve the goal.
We hope you enjoyed the blog and gained a good understanding of medical school tuition restrictions. More comparable stuff may be found at Nexgen Doctor’s Academy.
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.